Business Development Associate - French Market
We are looking to add a Business Development Associate to cover the French market based in our amazing office in Madrid. The new team member will be instrumental in growing our business in the country as we continue to build the next generation retail inventory optimization software.
We are backed by $12M in funding to date from leading venture capital investors and are working with global retailers like Versace, River Island and Pepe Jeans. Our cloud-based platform improves inventory allocation and store operations for e-commerce and physical retailers through the use of prescriptive analytics, optimization and artificial intelligence. Ultimately, we help retailers sell more with less stock and in less time.
The Business Development Associate will help grow our sales in France by generating new leads and identifying business opportunities. The ideal candidate is creative, resourceful, and possesses a strong willingness to learn and face new challenges in a fast-paced environment.
- Conduct market research, generate and maintain a comprehensive database with client account profiles and target personas, and track the status and progress of each prospect
- Write compelling email content to execute account based marketing
- Be the first point of contact with top executives in leading retail organizations
- Evaluate the challenges that retailers face with their current systems and processes and their needs
- Support the other team members in sales activities such as building supporting business cases for prospective accounts
- Liaise with other teams in our Madrid HQ to setup the demo environments for client meetings and coordinate marketing efforts for lead generation
- Help develop and implement target account strategy to support account-based selling
- A highly innovative and fast-paced environment. As in any startup, expect to find a team with an interesting mix of business profiles: IT geeks, data scientists, and as a fashion tech startup - a few fashion victims.
- Working closely with key decision makers inretail industry to provide valuable improvements to their businesses.
- The satisfaction of being part of a top team and contributing to the development of cutting-edge artificial intelligence & machine learning technologies that will build the next generation of enterprise software.
- The opportunity to work with international people from diverse backgrounds and with extensive experience in technology, retail, consulting and entrepreneurship.
- Flexibility in remote work and office hours, supported with the use of some of the most advanced collaborative tools.
- Periodic company get-togethers to meet the rest of the team.
- Flexible compensation plan that includes a fixed + variable salary as well as company equity as we progress towards our Series B fundraising round.
- 1-2 years of experience, preferably in sales, retail or consulting
- A passion for retail and applying advanced technologies in this sector
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills, both written and verbal
- Drive, tenacity and a positive attitude towards challenges and exceeding targets