Internship Program: Data Science
We are looking for a Data Science Intern with good programming skills and business oriented. This new team member will be instrumental in growing our business internationally as we continue to make the retail world a better, more sustainable place.
At Nextail, we empower retailers to create better experiences while using fewer of the world's resources. The cloud-based platform uses artificial intelligence, prescriptive analytics, and optimization to deliver agile merchandising decisions. To date, we’re backed by more than $12M in funding from leading venture capital investors and are working with global retailers like Versace, River Island, and Pepe Jeans.
The DS Team is part of the Product Team, our goal is to multiply the impact of our product on the business. Data Science Techniques, AI, ML, Optimisation, Simulation, Visualization, are the tools we always have at hand when we face a problem, but we will never use them in vain. We work together with Product Managers, Developers, Data Engineers and Business Experts to solve the end-to-end problem.
The ideal candidate has a STEM background. We are looking for someone that is curious, analytical and proactive.
You will be:
- Supporting with data analysis for different clients.
- Collaborating on the development and evolution of DS solutions with experienced data scientists.
- Evaluating the quality and identifying the areas of improvement for DS solutions.
- You will learn about product data science development methodologies, like data ops and agile data science, but also about product discovery and delivery.
- High flexibility: We’re strong believers that what matters most are results. Each Nextailer is empowered, through trust and ownership, to organize their time as they see fit without jeopardizing the time or work of their colleagues.
- Remote-first philosophy: Nextail started as a remote company and continues to offer a nice mix of remote and/or office-based environments around the world.
- International environment: We operate across the globe, with recent operations reaching from Europe all the way to Australia, and our team alone consists of professionals of more than 15 different nationalities. While many of us are multilingual, our working language is English.
- Diversity on all levels: United as a single team, we celebrate diversity at every dimension*. Professionally speaking, are you ready to work alongside tech geniuses, data science magicians, and fashionistas? You’ll have teammates with extensive experience in a wide variety of professional fields, including technology, retail, consulting, and entrepreneurship.
- The laptop of your choice: We want you to work with the tools that are most comfortable for you!
- Paid internship: The internship will be compensated with 800 gross euros per month.
- You must have the ability to work through University “Convenio” and ideally be able to work full-time once internship finishes.
- You are graduating in engineering, mathematics or a similar degree.
- You have proficiency in English (other languages will be a plus).
- You come with a strong mathematical background: statistics, probability, and ideally operations research.
- Knowledge and/or experience in mathematical modelling and solving business problems will be a plus.
- Strong communication skills, being able to communicate complex things in a simple way.
- True interest in programming.
*Nextail is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status.
To all recruitment agencies: Nextail does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Nextail employees or any other organization location. Nextail is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.