Senior Business Development Manager - DACH
RemoteGermany, Berlin, BerlinRevenue
We’re looking to add a Senior Business Development Manager to our Revenue team. This new team member will be instrumental in growing our business internationally as we continue to make the retail world a better, more sustainable place.
At Nextail, we empower retailers to create better experiences while using fewer of the world's resources. The cloud-based platform uses artificial intelligence, prescriptive analytics, and optimization to deliver agile merchandising decisions. To date, we’re backed by more than $12M in funding from leading venture capital investors and are working with global retailers like Versace, River Island, and Pepe Jeans.
The ideal candidate has solid experience in selling solutions to global retailers, ideally either with an enterprise SaaS company or retail consultancy. We’re looking for someone that is resourceful, a strong team player, and is knowledgeable about the challenges facing retailers today.
You will be:
Helping retailers become more agile by adopting new merchandising processes that rely on being customer centric and data driven
Defining and executing sales strategies in complex sales processes from the first meeting to contract closing
Collaborating with different teams including lead generation on defining target accounts and product experts to explain the value of Nextail to C-level executives at some of the world’s largest retail organizations
Based in Germany or Switzerland.
- High flexibility: We’re strong believers that what matters most are results. Each Nextailer is empowered, through trust and ownership, to organize their time as they see fit without jeopardizing the time or work of their colleagues.
- Remote-first philosophy: Nextail started as a remote company and continues to offer a nice mix of remote and/or office-based environments around the world.
- International environment: We operate across the globe, with recent operations reaching from Europe all the way to Australia, and our team alone consists of professionals of more than 15 different nationalities. While many of us are multilingual, our working language is English.
- Diversity on all levels: United as a single team, we celebrate diversity at every dimension*. Professionally speaking, are you ready to work alongside tech geniuses, data science magicians, and fashionistas? You’ll have teammates with extensive experience in a wide variety of professional fields, including technology, retail, consulting and entrepreneurship.
- The laptop of your choice: We want you to work with the tools that are most comfortable for you!
- Flexible compensation plan: We offer a fixed + variable salary as well as company equity as we progress towards our Series B fundraising round.
- 5-10 years of experience in selling to retailers (B2B enterprise software or retail consultancy a plus)
- Proven track record of successfully and consistently closing large multi stakeholder negotiations and deals
- Extraordinary communication skills to pitch complex ideas and be able to articulate the value in a concise and compelling manner
- Ability to persuade stakeholders to adopt new processes
- Strong interpersonal skills and experience working in multidisciplinary teams
- Native level of German and proficient level of English. Additional language (professional level) a plus.
- Knowledge or experience of retail required
*Nextail is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status
To all recruitment agencies: Nextail does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Nextail employees or any other organization location. Nextail is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.