Senior Product Designer
At Nextail, we are looking to add a Senior Product Designer to our product team and help us build one of the fastest growing enterprise software companies in Europe, backed by leading venture capital firms. The new team member will be instrumental in scaling Nextail’s product roadmap, in order to drive the exponential growth ahead of us.
The role requires a love for product strategy, technology, user experience, and visual design, along with a forward-thinking approach and an understanding of the retail sector.
As a Nextail Product Designer, these will be your responsibilities:
- Lead the way with a purposeful and holistic design strategy.
- Champion empathy for Nextail users and customers. Applying your critical eye, you will let their needs guide you to the best design solutions, connecting them to our product strategy and product roadmap.
- Partner with product managers, data scientists, and engineers in an agile, iterative environment, from discovery to delivery, to create innovative design experiences for our customers.
- Ensure the delivery of a consistent user experience across the product, safeguarding the evolution and maintenance of the product design.
- Take ownership of your work and responsibility from inception through production, for every detail, every step of the way.
- Effectively communicate and evangelize design thinking and product culture throughout the organization.
- Collaborate with other designers and product managers to evolve and flourish both our products and the organization.
- A highly innovative and fast-paced environment. As in any startup, expect to find a team with an interesting mix of business profiles, IT geeks, and data scientists. And as a fashion tech startup, a few fashion victims.
- The satisfaction of building a top team and contributing to the development of a cutting-edge product that will build the next generation of enterprise software.
- The opportunity to work with international people from diverse backgrounds with extensive experience in technology, retail, consulting and entrepreneurship.
- Flexibility in remote and office hours with focus on results, enabled by collaborative environment and adequate tools.
- Periodic company get-togethers to meet the rest of the team.
- Flexible compensation plan that includes a fixed + variable salary as well as company equity as we progress towards our Series B fundraising rounds.
- You have an online or PDF portfolio that you can share with us.
- You are able to tell us about one of your great designs.
- You can provide a couple of contacts for a reference call.
- You have more than 5 years of design experience. You’ve designed several products using emerging technologies for web, mobile, and other devices. You are strong on information design and data visualization.
- Lean UX and Design Thinking principles run through your veins.
- You envision and craft elegant but practical solutions. While creating holistic user experiences, you focus on impact and generating value iteratively.
- You constantly sharpen your design instinct by quantitative research, customer feedback and contextual interviews. You are able to formulate hypothesis and design experiments to validate them.
- You have experience enforcing a robust design quality for our products & concepts. You have a clear definition of good design practices, methodologies and values and you are able to evangelize the organization about them at all levels.
- Fluent in English—you will use it daily.